Thursday 28 June 2012

A glut of lettuces - June 28 2012

Just pulled about 8 little gem lettuce that weren't growing very well and we are in a glut of lettuce state alert!! So we had to make lettuce soup. It's a quick way of getting rid of a glut of lettuces. 8 lettuces might sound a lot of it boils down to nothing.

Any way the fruit is ripening very quickly and i am picking it just before its ripe so the bird don't have it. Then I leave it in a bowl inside and they ripen completely before I freeze them - then when I have enough I'll make jam.



I've also picked some purple mangetout is called Shiraz from Thompson & Morgan and they look stunning, they also taste pretty damn good. Not many make it indoors because I eat them whilst picking them.



Also picked some more beetroot and cut the leaves off and gave them to the chickens - they love them. I'm going to roast them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment